A nice cold coffee toddy is so refreshing in the heat of the summer. With the weather warming up, we couldn’t resist sharing our favorite toddy recipe.
Here is the recipe for Toddy we use (3 size options). We round the cups of water to the nearest ½ when we brew it.
|oz||cups||Cups of Cold Water|
|Coffee||Water||1st water||2nd water||Final water||Total Water|
- Put in first water in the brewing container.
- Add half of the grounds – sprinkle over surface to get somewhat even as possible
- Add second water. I prefer a gooseneck kettle so I can wet all the grounds using a circular pattern
- Add the second half of the grounds – sprinkling evenly over the surface
- Wait 5 minutes
- Add the Final water, trying to wet all the grounds
- Wait ~18 hours
- Pull the plug and let the coffee drain into your container.
- Use cold water for the brewing.
- This is a concentrate so you will need to dilute.
- 1 part coffee, 3 parts water is a good starting point for ratios.
- We like crushed ice in a glass, coffee, a bit of water (occasionally adding a bit of milk too)
- A nice boost to your smoothie too!
We now have the Toddy brewers in stock and will have them on our site soon! Hello summer!